LiftFund’s Women’s Business Center of DFW collaborates with other organizations supporting small businesses in North Texas. Our partners have some great opportunities we want to share with you. Check out these events for July 2021!
TEXAS RANGERS & COMERICA BANK
CALL-UP CONTEST for Advertising with the Texas Rangers
The Texas Rangers and Comerica Bank understand that many businesses continue to experience the effects of the pandemic and want to help. If you’re a woman-owned and/or minority-owned small business within 50 miles of Globe Life Field, enter the Comerica Call-Up contest. Like the Rally Back contest last year, apply for your chance to be called up to an advertising partnership with the Rangers in 2022. APPLY BY JULY 31st at 11:59 pm. Prizes include:
- Grand prize (1): A Rangers radio and digital marketing sponsorship for the 2022 MLB season
- Five (5) social media posts on Rangers social media feeds
- Ten (10) : 30-second promotional radio spots during broadcasts of Rangers’ games
- One (1) half-page program ad in the Rangers 2022 program
- Four (4) tickets for one (1) 2022 Rangers game
- A private suite night provided by Comerica Bank
- Runner-Ups (2): @mentioned on social in the final video and four (4) tickets to a 2022 Rangers game.
Apply here by midnight on Saturday, JULY 31st: https://www.mlb.com/rangers/fans/comerica-call-up?bt_ee=IOa1rypUCosguLQvOoOr8ayx%2FIdUnBGEYfP4GLaCwCmzfS3%2BsKFhEwKGjkpmMBNq&bt_ts=1625845623381
SIA SCOTCH WHISKEY partnering with HELLO ALICE
THE ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT FUND
Twenty-five recipients will each receive a $10,000 grant, plus mentorship with Carin Luna-Ostaseski, the founder of SIA Scotch Whisky and a first-generation Cuban American entrepreneur who overcame a myriad of challenges during her entrepreneurship journey. The goal is to provide small business owners of color with access to the capital, mentorship, and community that will enable them to take action, build stronger businesses, and have a positive impact on the economy. Apply and share with us how a grant would grow your business and help you achieve the unexpected.
Eligible businesses must:
- Be owned 51%+ by the person(s) identifying as multicultural and/or person(s) of color
- Be a for-profit business producing less than $1MM in annual gross revenue
- Operate and/or conduct business in Texas or 5 other states
- The business owner must be a US citizen or legal permanent resident and be 25 years or older
APPLY BY Aug. 10, 2021, at 6 pm Eastern Time
Full information and application: http://siascotchfund.helloalice.com/?utm_source=Dedicated%20Email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Sia%20Scotch%20Fund&utm_content=Sia%20Grant%20Application%20on%20Landing%20Page&mc_cid=e583277962&mc_eid=a5dba760f5
TEXAS GOVERNOR’S COMMISSION FOR WOMEN
Pitch Competition for Women-Owned Small Business
Women-owned small businesses are invited to apply for this pitch competition if your business transformed or was re-invented during the uncertain times of the pandemic. An awardee will be named for each of the 5 regions of Texas, determined by where the business is located. This special opportunity is made possible by Sempra Energy’s support of the Beacon State Fund.
Qualifications: The Business must be at least 51% women-owned and managed, registered in the State of TX, operated for more than 12 months, employed 15 or fewer people in 2020, and with revenues of $1,000,000 or less in 2020.
- $7500 Award!
- Apply by September 1, 2021, for businesses in the North Texas region at https://gov.texas.gov/apps/women/pitch/ (Other regions have earlier deadlines.)
Questions: please send a message to the Governor’s Commission for Women or call 512-475-2615.
DALLAS-FORT WORTH MINORITY SUPPLIER DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL, INC.
Wondering how to get certified and start winning government contracts? This one-hour course quickly gets into how the DFW Minority Supplier Development can help you with meaningful connections and impact your growth. You’ll learn the benefits of certification and how the process works from the online application. You’ll receive a walkthrough of the documentation and guidance.
- Sessions are 1 – 2 pm on Thursdays in July and August 2021.
· REGISTER HERE: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_W4shQiKsSxm9qBEZDXL-Zw
DALLAS STARTUP WEEK
Sunday – Thursday, August 1 – 5, 2021
Every year, Dallas Startup Week brings together entrepreneurs and change-makers for a week-long experience, described as the largest entrepreneurial event in North Texas, where they exchange ideas, collaborate, and grow alongside the 10th largest startup ecosystem in the US.
This year Dallas Startup Week will be hosted in-person at SMU | Cox School of Business and Online through Brushfire. As an attendee, you will have the opportunity to customize your conference experience by reserving your spot in your favorite sessions and special events. You will be able to view sessions at your fingertips, connect with attendees and easily access schedules all in one with our app.
Featured Tracks include Capital & Funding, Cybersecurity, Fashion, Healthcare, Franchise, Healthcare, Retails, Social Impact, Venture, Veteran, and MORE!
- Reserve your ticket today and stay up to date with speakers, sessions, and details!