DFW WBC QuickBooks Online Training Series (4-days)
All businesses start with the intention of becoming successful, and most of those businesses start with a product or service that could get them there, but after a few years, many of those same businesses struggle to find success. One main reasons is the lack of proper recordkeeping. Accurate bookkeeping will better enable you, the business owner, to reduce taxes, improve cash flow and increase profits. QuickBooks is the number one accounting software used by small business owners.
This QuickBooks Online Training Series will teach you proper bookkeeping workflows that lead to accurate financial records. At the end of the course, you will be better prepared for everything from tax preparation, to business loan applications to the PPP loan forgiveness program. Marcia Donaldson, founder of Donaldson Financial Services has 30+ years of accounting experience and is an Advanced Certified ProAdvisor for QuickBooks Online.
This series includes four 1.5 hour online training sessions that take place Monday and Wednesday evenings on Zoom from 6:00-7:30 pm:
Session 1 – Monday, November 2, 2020
- Overview – why use QuickBooks Online
- Subscription levels – differentiate between each level and the business it’s right for
- Difference between cash vs accrual-based accounting
- Overview of basic accounting terms
- Dashboard demo – the health of the business
Session 2 – Wednesday, November 4, 2020
- Chart of accounts – industry customization
- Bank feeds – connecting bank and credit card accounts
Session 3 – Monday, November 9, 2020
- Sales and customers – creating invoices and receiving payments
- Expenses and vendors – entering and paying bills
Session 4 – Wednesday, November 11, 2020
- Basic explanation of what a P&L, Balance Sheet , and Cash Flow Statement tell you about your business
- Reports – basic financial information- how to run them and demo of features (date range, comparisons, etc.)
- How to sign-up
This beginner level series is for start-up and existing business owners that have not used QuickBooks Online before. Participants must have access to a computer and internet to join the Zoom meeting and download the free QuickBooks Online demo software to use during classes. The cost for all 4 sessions is $49.00 and includes an optional one-on-one financial coaching session with the instructor. The coaching session is free to the first 15 people who request an appointment and is valued at $250!