COVID-19 Recovery Grants Now Open
In partnership with the non-profit organization LiftFund, the City of San Antonio is utilizing funding provided from the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act, also known as the CARES Act, to provide financial assistance in form of grants to small businesses and nonprofit organizations impacted financially by COVID-19.
Applications are NOW OPEN and close on Monday, July 27, 2020 at 5 pm CST with $24.7 million available. LiftFund will administer the grants, and all completed applications will be reviewed for basic eligibility.
Grant eligibility criteria includes:
- Grant applicant must be authorized representative of business or non-profit organization;
- Businesses and nonprofits with twenty (20) employees or less including full-time, part-time or contract employees;
- Annual gross business revenue or nonprofit organization’s board approved budget less than $2 million;
- Located within San Antonio city limits and must be willing to remain within boundaries for at least one calendar year from the date of grant award;
- Business and non-profits must not be in the process of filing for bankruptcy;
- Demonstrate a loss of at least 15% of revenue for the period beginning March 1, 2020 due to negative impact related to the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Business or nonprofit must be established prior to August 1, 2019;
- Businesses or nonprofits that received a grant through the Bexar County LiftFund Program are not eligible for grant consideration;
- financial interest, as defined in Sec. 2-53 of the City’s Ethics Code.
- Commitment to the Greater. SAfer. Together. Pledge.